We are looking for an experienced full time Accountant, who is enthusiastic and motivated. In this role your main responsibilities will include daily bookkeeping, budget reporting, accounts payable and receivable, bank reconciliations, payroll and liaising with our external accounting firm.
The successful candidate will be proficient in Xero accounting software, has a strong background in finance/accounting, with the ability to adapt and prioritise tasks on an ongoing basis.
About the role
The responsibility of the Accountant is to ensure that the financial books and records of the business are accurate and up to date.
The following duties include but are not limited to:
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Bank and credit card reconciliations
- Maintain general ledger and maintain records of all financial transactions
- Recording deposits and purchases within Xero and CIN7 for accurate record keeping purposes
- Weekly payroll and lodgement of superannuation
- Completing reports for lodging GST & BAS
- Liaising with external Accountant
- Obtaining exchange rates
- Maintaining historical records
- Preparation of various financial reports as required by the Director
- Develop and define bookkeeping and policy procedures and standards
- Complying with Federal, State and local legal requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports and advising management on required actions.
- Assisting and supporting staff when needed
- Completed relevant qualifications in bookkeeping/accounting
- 5+ years’ experience, particularly for a small to medium sized business
- Proficient with Xero bookkeeping software and preferably prior CIN7 experience
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite
- Have a talent for all things finance and an ability to adapt quickly
- Demonstrate an ability to plan, prioritise and organise work to achieve goals and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Show a strong work ethic, with an eye for detail and problem-solving skills
- Fun & supportive team
- Successful & positive company
- Immediate start available
- Free parking onsite
If you feel you are the right candidate for this role, please attach your covering letter outlining why you are the perfect fit, along with your resume and credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note only shortlist candidates will be contacted.